Felinity Interview – Joshua Cornah
Hi and welcome to Team Grimbold! Felinity is set to be the first publication under the Kristell Inkling imprint, and we’re thrilled to have you on board. Tell us about yourself. (Please include links to blogs/sites/Twitter/published works etc)
What inspired your two pieces of artwork for Felinity?
It started as a mistake where my brother wore a top reading ‘Soulcal’ to which I thought it said ‘Soul Cat’.
I thought it was cool name and we made up a character around that for our story we’re developing.
How do you feel about illustration accompanying stories?
Our stories mainly consist of illustrations. A picture says a thousand words.
What writing projects are you working on at the moment?
Just one or two that I am working with my brothers, when ever we have the time and or the inspiration.
The most important question – Cats or dogs?
Why not both. Do I have to choose?
1. What genre of music do you love? -Rock music mostly.
2. What’s the worst present you’ve been given? – Most gifts are thoughtful and well received… But if I were to choose any I would say… Socks.
3. If you were an animal, what would you be? – I would be a Wolf.
4. Pick 2 celebrities to be your parents, why them? – None. I’d rather not trade my parents for anyone else, regardless of there celebrity status, which means nothing to me.
5. What was the last gift you gave someone? – Flowers for my parents as for their 30th anniversary.
6. A penguin walks through your front door wearing a flat cap and smoking a pipe, what does he say and why is he here? – He is clearly a detective solving a mystery and he’s questioning the locals for his investigation.
7. What’s your favourite food? – Any Italian food is good.
8. If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out? – Slowly rock the blender from side to side, building momentum until it tips over and I can make my escape.