Felinity Interview – Lance Cross
Hi and welcome to Team Grimbold! Felinity is set to be the first publication under the Kristell Inkling imprint, and we’re thrilled to have you on board. Tell us about yourself. (Please include links to blogs/sites/Twitter/published works etc)
I have no idea. When I‘m given a topic or theme to write on I sit for a minute and have a think. If nothing has popped into my head at the end of the minute I conclude that it wasn’t to be. Something must have popped in.
How do you feel about having an illustration accompany your story?
I think it’s an excellent idea. Short stories rarely have any visual interest and even novels at least get a cover.
What writing projects are you working on at the moment?
I am currently re-drafting my first book Diary of a Man Being Driven Around Africa on a Truck with Some Other People. (Or DOAMBDAAOATWSOP for short.)
It’s a man’s diary. He’s on a truck that’s going around Africa, and there are some other people on it.
Doesn’t that sound gripping?
It’s very entertaining.
No, really. It is.
The most important question – Cats or dogs?
Dogs are filthy creatures that can’t take care of themselves. And they’re so, so needy.
1. If you could meet any one person (from history or currently alive), who would it be? – I have no idea. What am I suppose say to them when we met? Do I just get to wave hello or do can I go to the nearest pub with them?
2. What was the best day in your life? – How can I narrow that down?! I’ve had a few good ones. I don’t think I’ve had the perfect day yet though.
3. Tell us a secret about yourself. – Then it wouldn’t be a secret. (And it certainly wouldn’t be printable.)
4. What’s the worst thing anyone has ever said about you? – I can’t actually remember anything too devastating. I’m sure lots of people must have said lots of stuff but I can’t remember anything too specific. It must have been a while ago.
5. You’re a new addition to a crayon box, what colour are you? – Black, but with random orange bits throughout.
6. Who or what do you dream about? – My grandparents old wooden house seems to be a popular setting for bits of my dreams on a regular basis. The layout and location changes but I always know what house it is.
7. Is the glass half empty or half full? – Half empty. Although as long as its got wine in it does it matter?
8.What was your most embarrassing moment? – There’s been a few. Mostly revolve around the theme of drink and loss of motor skills.