Hi and welcome to Team Grimbold! Felinity is set to be the first publication under the Kristell Inkling imprint, and we’re thrilled to have you on board. Tell us about yourself. (Please include links to blogs/sites/Twitter/published works etc)
The idea of a clock-work cat causing trouble was far too good not to write…
How do you feel about having an illustration accompany your story?
What writing projects are you working on at the moment?
A longer novel to complement the novella I wrote “The Brother Baern” – it’s a swords and sorcery style novel involving three brothers.
The most important question – Cats or dogs?
1. What sort of child were you? – Quiet, introverted and relatively shy. Never happier than when I was left on my own to create stuff in my head – or with cardboard boxes, if available.
2. If you could be a superhero, who would you be? – Superman (Always be yourself, unless you can be Superman. In which case, be Superman)
3. What’s your earliest memory? – Not hugely interesting, this one. Just waking up in a crib and staring at the ceiling. It wasn’t a hugely interesting ceiling, to be honest!
4. If you could sing one song on the X-Factor, what would it be? – A composition of my own: “Simon Cowell, you’re destroying music with your over-hyped karaoke show, la-la-la”
5. What’s your biggest disappointment? – When another publisher, having specified a 50K words long manuscript, sent back my 50K words long manuscript saying it was too short.
6. If you could enroll in a PhD program, with your tuition paid in full by a mysterious benefactor, what would you study — and why? I would study anthropology and the effects of charity and empathy in social interactions – after all, I’d want to work out why my mysterious benefactor had decided to do this. Or it’d be English Literature in the late 19th century, with a particular focus on Dickens and his novel “Great Expectations” J
7. Who would play you in a movie of your life? – Dylan Moran or Kate Blanchett – but I’d make sure I get a screenwriters credit.
8. Do you sing in the shower? – Of course – I mostly sing Les Miserables. “One day mooooorrrreeee…”