Hi and welcome to Team Grimbold! Felinity is set to be the first publication under the Kristell Inkling imprint, and we’re thrilled to have you on board. Tell us about yourself. (Please include links to blogs/sites/Twitter/published works etc)
I remember a great story in 2000AD’s Nemesis the Warlock – The Gothic Empire ; it’s a Steampunk classic! I loved the idea of Victorian spaceships.
How do you feel about having an illustration accompany your story?
Brilliant! I’m looking forward to seeing the image the my words inspired.
What writing projects are you working on at the moment?
I’m working on a clockpunk fantasy series. I self published my debut; The Sun Shard for Kindle. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shard-
I’m currently up to on Chapter 22 of the sequel. I also have a blog which allows me to express my ramblings.http://sunshard.blogspot.co.
The most important question – Cats or dogs?
Sorry Grim, sorry Bold, but I’m a pack member: Woof!
1. How would you guide an alien through making a marmite sandwich? – First obtain two slices of baked yeast grown on a culture of ground cereal paste. On one side of each slice spread a thin covering of churned, lactic fat (usually of bovine origin). On one of these spread a dark brown yeast concentrate over the lactic fat. Bring the two spread covered slices together and you now have the delicacy the Terrans refer to as a marmite sandwich.
2. What’s your greatest achievement? – Giving up smoking and running a half marathon.
3. Who is the living person you most despise? – It will be a politician, but I cant narrow it down to an individual.
4. Do you take the shampoo and soap from hotels? – Certainly, even with a shaved head, this beard wont clean itself.
5. What would be your motto? – Question everything!
6. What did you want to be when you were little? – A brain surgeon.
7. Who do you admire the most and why? – Alfred the Great. If it wasn’t for his tenacity and vision there wouldn’t be an English language.
8. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4 – what is it ? – “I am alive and drunk on sunlight.” – A Storm of Swords – GRR Martin.